July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tagsantioxidants Aromatherapy Massage Arthritis Ashiatsu Athletes Barefoot Blood Circulation blood pressure body coffee deep massage dementia depression Female Fitness Flat Stomach ginger health heart rates Himalayan salt Hot Stone Massage immune system Jogging Maria’s Professional Massage Massage Massage Benefits Massages massage technique massage therapy Metabolic Waste Mood muscles professional massage reduces pain rejuvenation. relaxation Rheumatology shortened muscles sleep Sleep Quality stress Swedish massage Therapy Therapeutic Massage Trigger Point Massage UIC weight loss
Tag Archives: immune system
If you are prepared to make a few changes to your lifestyle it can help you live a lot longer. There was a recent study conducted that pointed out four bad habits detrimental to a healthy lifestyle. These included drinking too much alcohol, smoking, lack of exercise, and not eating nutritious food. This can hustle you into your grave early and can age you by as many as 12 years. Luckily it is possible to correct the behavior. Adopt these habits into your life to maintain your body looking great and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
1. Never overeat: If your target in life is to live 100 years, it is a good idea to leave some food on the plate. People who have studied longevity around the world found out that Japanese people break eating when they are around 80% full. This fact was confirmed later in research in the U.S. Eating less means you are going to age slower. Limited calories lower the production of T3 that is a thyroid hormone responsible for slowing the metabolism and speeding up the aging process.
2. Stay busy: If you have satisfying sex twice or thrice a week it can add as many years to your life. If you stay busy you can burn an impressive number of calories. This can be equivalent to running for 30 minutes so, what would you rather do? Regular sex assists a healthy lifestyle as it can lower the blood pressure, boost your immunity, improve sleep, and protect your heart.
3. Reach out and have a network of friends and relatives: Research has clearly mentioned that you are at a greater risk of suffering from heart diseases if you do not have a strong network of family and friends. Loneliness is responsible for causing inflammation and it can be dangerous for otherwise healthy people pretty much similar to having higher cholesterol or similar to smoking. Loneliness is especially a bigger risk to the healthy lifestyle of elderly people that are prone to depression.
4. Consume alcohol moderately: Men consuming three or more drinks in a day and women consuming two or more will run into the negative effects which can be relationship issues to weight gain. If consumed in smaller quantities alcohol is not harmful. A study conducted in 2010 linked light drinking to heart benefits. By light drinking, two drinks per day for men and one for women is envisaged.
5. Daily exercise: Focusing on fitness is the closest thing you can do for the fountain of youth. In a study, it was mentioned that regular high-intensity exercise like running will add four years to your life. This is apart from the many positive effects working out has on your mind, heart, and metabolism. Even moderate exercise such as 30 minutes’ walk can lead to a healthy lifestyle and lower the risk of heart issues.
If you are ready to take a proactive stand against the unhealthy lifestyle and are willing to switch to a healthy lifestyle you can also think about getting a professional massage from time to time.
Picture Credit: Pexels
With the advent of coronavirus, Americans are being told not to board long-distance flights and also to work from home as much as possible, the objective of this articles is to decide the best practices for massage therapists to counter this threat. The coronavirus causes severe respiratory syndrome and has cold-like symptoms. For avoiding the spread of coronavirus you need to adhere to strict and frequent hand-washing and sanitization.
Communication with the Clients
Amid rising concern regarding the coronavirus, the massage therapists must be communicating frequently and effectively with the clients and make them feel more at ease inside the treatment area. You should also provide them the facts to allow them to make informed decisions. You can also post social media or email updates and begin a dialogue with them today.
Safety Measures in the Treatment Area
Some of the top massage therapists are suggesting to the other massage therapists that they place a notice in the treatment room telling your clients about the precautions you are taking to keep them safe. They can hang a poster on the wall describing the steps to ensure the health of the clients while they are in the area. Tell them about,
- How your laundry is handled.
- How many times you sanitize the credit card machines and pens.
- How often you sanitize the table and other equipment during and between your sessions.
- How often you clean the chairs and doorknobs.
- How you practice your hygiene and perform hand-washing.
- Availability of alcohol-based sanitizer in the treatment area.
You should initiate a direct conversation with scheduled clients for deciding whether they or anyone else in their circle is displaying symptoms of coronavirus. You can reschedule them for free which is a significant step for keeping your practices healthy.
Safety Procedures for a Massage Parlor
1. The first and foremost protection against the spreading of this virus is hand washing. The massage therapists wash their hands more often than most people. But they will be better served to do it even more. This will limit all cooties such as coronavirus, flu, etc.
2. The coronavirus is not spread through airborne particles in general. Rather it is likely to get transmitted via contact with contaminated surfaces and then with your nose, mouth, and eyes. The basic idea here is to improve the dedication to health and hygiene by frequently cleaning the massage equipment and table among other sections in the treatment area.
3. The virus doesn’t seem to affect healthy youngsters. It is a different story for people suffering from chronic health issues though. If there is anyone in the client’s circle who is sick the therapist should reschedule the appointment and not charge for it.
4. The massage therapist must take good care of his/her health. They must realize that it is not the time to push their limits. A good night’s sleep is necessary and eating healthy food is important.
Ultimately the health and well-being of everyone concerned are important. Following the safety procedures for keeping away the virus during the massage, sessions are observed by Maria’s Professional Massage. Here is an experienced and professional therapist who will ensure your good health apart from providing a massage.
Picture Credit: Pexels
We all know that a massage session can be incredibly relaxing but the truth is that there are way more advantages it has and a lot of people just don’t know about them. But this is what we’re here for!
Without much further ado, let’s take a few moments and talk about the lesser-known benefits massage can have on your body and, why not, your well-being.
It helps you get rid of all the postural stress
Probably one of the most common issues among those who work at desks for prolonged periods, postural stress translates into a weakness or pain in the lower back area and gluteals, mostly caused by sitting for extended periods.
Still, this is where massage therapy comes in, counteracting this entire imbalance. If you’re among those dealing with this problem, we have some good news: scheduling regular massage sessions can help you keep your job and get rid of all the discomfort.
No more muscle pain
If you’re one of those always complaining about sore muscles, we have some good news: massage therapy can be a solution.
In fact, a study published a few years ago, in the Annals of Internal Medicine, revealed that a massage session can have immediate effects on patients suffering from chronic back pain. Not to mention that it also improves circulation significantly!
It helps you sleep better
Not being able to comfortably rest seems to be an issue that’s encountered quite often lately. Periodic massage therapy sessions can promote relaxation and sleep among adults, while infants can also enjoy some benefits, like crying less.
What’s interesting is that there’s no such thing as a special technique for the latter, as whatever you naturally do to soothe your baby can be very effecting in the long run.
It keeps anxiety and depression under control
Massage therapy is, in fact, a form of human touch. And performed in a safe context, but also professional and friendly, can have incredibly relaxing effects.
For example, women who were diagnosed with breast cancer and received massage therapy up to three times per week were reportedly less depressed and less angry, says a study from 2005.
It gives your immune system a boost
Getting a cold once the temperatures start dropping? Then you should try getting regular massages.
Another study, this time from 2010, revealed that massage sessions are able to boost white blood cell count, these playing an essential role in keeping diseases away from the human body. And this is not everything, as it can also improve the immune function for those diagnosticated with HIV.
Looking forward to taking advantage of all these benefits? If you are located in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor or the Tampa Bay Area, Maria can help you! Schedule an appointment today and start on the path of obtaining and healthier mind and body, through massage therapy.
Picture Credit: Pixabay
Have you ever thought about how beneficial a massage for runners is? Sure it not only feels good, but there are so many amazing benefits to having a massage. In this article, we will discuss the top benefits of getting a massage.
Massages for runners can be scheduled at different intervals. Some individuals may only need a massage once a month, while others will find it beneficial to have a massage once a week. These plans are completely individualized to each person in order to get the most out of a massage. In order to find what works best for you, you will need to not only determine what your goals are for running but also what your budget is.
You should also decide when the best time to schedule a massage is in order to get the most out of it. Look at your running calendar. Are there any races or long runs scheduled? If so, plan your massage around them. It could be in your favor to schedule your massages for two or three days after a long run or race. Do not schedule your appointment a day or two before the race or long run as the massage could leave you sore. Likewise, do not schedule your massage a day after either as your body needs time to recover first.
Now that we have talked about how and when to schedule a massage for runners, let us look at the actual benefits. If you are not very flexible, a massage for runners is great. A massage therapist can easily help get the body to be more flexible. Many people may have trouble with their flexibility as they age. Or if they are just starting to run or beginning an exercise program, they may not be that flexible. But scheduling a massage on a regular basis can really help.
Another benefit of massage for runners is that it promotes better circulation. This means your entire body will be much healthier. Your organs will be allowed more oxygen and cells will be permitted to grow. As an added benefit, the skin will look healthier.
A massage for runners can also reduce muscle fatigue and soreness. This will allow a person to be ready for their next run. Recovery is an essential part of any workout, as if the body can not recover fully, there will not be any gain. Massage could possibly reduce inflammation, reduce stress levels, and improve the immune system.
Did you know that massage for runners can also improve the pulmonary function. It does this by loosening tight respiratory muscles. And these massages can encourage fast removal of metabolic waste products as well.
Massages for runners should be scheduled several times before a big race. Only having one massage administered is not going to help very much. But having a series of massages will allow the body to reap all of the benefits. Any massage you receive should be done by a licensed and trained massage therapist, such as Maria’s Professional Massage.
Picture Credit: Henry Geddes
Lately, people are looking forward to discovering ways of staying healthy until a late age, which is nothing but great news. We all know how important is to pay your doctor a visit regularly or stick to a daily – if your schedule allows it – exercise routine, combined with a healthy diet.
On the other side, it’s less known that proper massage therapy, conducted by a professional, can also have a huge impact on one’s health. In fact, let’s take a few moments and see which are the essential benefits of this type of therapy!
It relieves stress
There’s no doubt that this is one of the main benefits massage therapy comes with. It was scientifically proven that being constantly exposed to stress can increase the risk of heart disease, but also diabetes or hypertension, so getting massage regularly is pretty much one of the best things one can try in order to deal with what’s called “the disease of the 21st century”.
A massage session can be an intensely relaxing experience, as you’re simply lying back and feel how the tension ‘living’ your muscles is immediately going away.
It helps you get better sleep
The lack of sleep can also be a tremendous problem, affecting the majority of adults in the United States and leading to a range of chronic conditions, like cardiovascular disease, depression, diabetes, or even obesity. But guess what? Massage therapy can be one of the best solutions to it.
By getting rid of muscle tension and setting a moment in the day when you slow down a bit, you can enter a prolonged state of intense relaxation, which can last long after the massage session.
No more high blood pressure
How many times did you analyze your diet? Just do it once and you’ll most likely notice that you are eating too much…salt. Yes, salt, and this has a negative impact on your blood pressure, placing a strain on the heart, leading to hypertension and increasing the risk of a stroke.
It was proven that massage therapy can contribute to reducing high blood pressure, lowering systolic, as well as diastolic blood pressure. Also, according to recent research, it regulates the levels of cortisol, the hormone responsible for raising the pressure.
It strengthens the immune system
Recent studies have proven that massage can significantly improve the response of the immune system. Specifically, people who started massage therapy admitted experiencing a notable spike in the production of lymphocytes, the cells responsible for protecting your body from diseases.
Combined with its stress relieving ‘powers’, a massage session could be incredibly helpful for anybody who wants to maintain their immunity at top levels.
So, supercharging your health through massage sounds like an excellent idea, don’t you think? If you’re located in the Clearwater area, Maria is the one who can help you. Combining multiple massage types, including Ashiatsu, Cupping, Deep Tissue, or even Warm Bamboo, with her modern anatomical knowledge and the philosophy of Asian culture, she is the one who can introduce you to massage therapy and its full benefits.
Picture Credit: Nicole De Khors