November 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tagsantioxidants Aromatherapy Massage Arthritis Ashiatsu Barefoot Blood Circulation blood pressure body coffee deep massage dementia depression Female Fitness Flat Stomach ginger health heart rates Himalayan salt Hot Stone Massage immune system Jogging Maria’s Professional Massage Massage Massage Benefits Massages massage technique massage therapy Mental Health Metabolic Waste Mood muscles professional massage reduces pain rejuvenation. relaxation Rheumatology shortened muscles sleep Sleep Quality stress Swedish massage Therapy Therapeutic Massage Trigger Point Massage UIC weight loss
Tag Archives: Sleep Quality
If you are prepared to make a few changes to your lifestyle it can help you live a lot longer. There was a recent study conducted that pointed out four bad habits detrimental to a healthy lifestyle. These included drinking too much alcohol, smoking, lack of exercise, and not eating nutritious food. This can hustle you into your grave early and can age you by as many as 12 years. Luckily it is possible to correct the behavior. Adopt these habits into your life to maintain your body looking great and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
1. Never overeat: If your target in life is to live 100 years, it is a good idea to leave some food on the plate. People who have studied longevity around the world found out that Japanese people break eating when they are around 80% full. This fact was confirmed later in research in the U.S. Eating less means you are going to age slower. Limited calories lower the production of T3 that is a thyroid hormone responsible for slowing the metabolism and speeding up the aging process.
2. Stay busy: If you have satisfying sex twice or thrice a week it can add as many years to your life. If you stay busy you can burn an impressive number of calories. This can be equivalent to running for 30 minutes so, what would you rather do? Regular sex assists a healthy lifestyle as it can lower the blood pressure, boost your immunity, improve sleep, and protect your heart.
3. Reach out and have a network of friends and relatives: Research has clearly mentioned that you are at a greater risk of suffering from heart diseases if you do not have a strong network of family and friends. Loneliness is responsible for causing inflammation and it can be dangerous for otherwise healthy people pretty much similar to having higher cholesterol or similar to smoking. Loneliness is especially a bigger risk to the healthy lifestyle of elderly people that are prone to depression.
4. Consume alcohol moderately: Men consuming three or more drinks in a day and women consuming two or more will run into the negative effects which can be relationship issues to weight gain. If consumed in smaller quantities alcohol is not harmful. A study conducted in 2010 linked light drinking to heart benefits. By light drinking, two drinks per day for men and one for women is envisaged.
5. Daily exercise: Focusing on fitness is the closest thing you can do for the fountain of youth. In a study, it was mentioned that regular high-intensity exercise like running will add four years to your life. This is apart from the many positive effects working out has on your mind, heart, and metabolism. Even moderate exercise such as 30 minutes’ walk can lead to a healthy lifestyle and lower the risk of heart issues.
If you are ready to take a proactive stand against the unhealthy lifestyle and are willing to switch to a healthy lifestyle you can also think about getting a professional massage from time to time.
Picture Credit: Pexels
You’ve probably seen a lot of people walking barefoot on the street and wondered what is the actual reason why they’re doing this. Surprisingly or not, they’re part of a bigger community, all of them doing this for its benefits on their health!
Called “earthing” or “grounding”, walking barefoot has numerous benefits, but they are often overlooked by mainstream society, who actually promotes the importance of wearing shoes all the time.
Dr. Mercola claims that walking with nothing on your feet and touching directly the soil allows your body to absorb a number of negative electrons through the Earth. This plays an important role in stabilizing daily cortisol rhythm, but also creates a balanced internal bioelectrical environment.
Barefoot walking fans also say that this is a simple effort, which has way more benefits than one could actually think. Let’s go through a few of the most important and then decide if there’s actually worth it giving up shoes, at least from time to time.
It reduces pain and inflammation
According to a study, in which participants slept on a conductive mattress pad that reproduced the effects of sleeping directly on the ground for eight weeks, walking with no shoes can get you reduce cortisone levels. This automatically means less pain, stress and sleep troubles, as the participants declared.
It helps you sleep better
A different study revealed that earthing can induce relaxation, by influencing physiologic processes. People who tried this…procedure had a better night’s sleep, when compared with those who don’t walk barefoot at all. This happens because it stabilizes circadian rhythms.
It reduces the risk of heart diseases
Probably one of the most important benefits of walking barefoot on your health is the fact that it can increase the surface charge of red blood cells. This results in a reduction of clumping, therefore decreasing blood thickness. High viscosity has been directly linked to heart diseases, as one of the major issues causing them.
It boosts your energy levels
This is by far the most obvious benefit, but it still had to be mentioned here. It is believed that each time you immerse in the natural work, you somehow pick up on the higher frequencies emitted from nature. This allows you to increase your energy levels and forget about the exposure to modern society, which affects your vitality.
It makes menstrual cramps easier to support
One of the most surprising advantages of walking barefoot is its ability to ease menstrual cramps. Basically, all the pain we feel in our body starts in the mind and manifests as stress. This can have a big impact on menstrual cramps. Try going outdoors and let your bare feet touch the ground for a while, then see what this can do.
It helps loosen tense muscles
Yes, another study! It appears that earthing can prevent muscle soreness from occurring, especially after engaging in physical exercises. Obviously, it can be applied in various situations that cause tense muscles, especially very common ones, like working at a desk all day. Besides loosening tense muscles, it can also help you get rid of migraines, caused by exposure to radiation.
Speaking of tense muscles, another great way of getting rid of this problem is getting a massage. Combining the knowledge of professional massage training with the customs and practices of Asian heritage, Maria is always happy to offer a unique massage experience.
Available for clients in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor Florida and Tampa Bay Area, she is always ready to help you get on the path to obtaining a healthier mind and body.
Image credit: ZaydaC
Apparently massage can improve sleep quality!
There’s nothing quite like getting a massage. It can relax you, relieve stress, and ease aches and pains. Often, people fall asleep right during the session and wake up feeling refreshed and more relaxed than ever. However, did you know getting regular sessions could actually improve the quality of sleep you get all the time?
The power of touch can heal your body from physical injuries or just the general wear and tear of daily life. It can improve circulation throughout the body and ease conditions like arthritis. It can improve flexibility and make you feel generally better. While it’s not a cure-all, it could definitely reduce the symptoms of some illnesses and allow those with sports injuries to get back to their normal lives.
When you’re stressed out, it has a negative impact on your overall health. Your muscles tense up, you stoop over, you look and feel tired. But when you get a massage, your entire body relaxes. You let go of all the stresses you’re holding onto. It can even become a nice way to connect with your partner. You can learn more about each other’s bodies and comfort each other more effectively in times of stress and tension. Once it’s over, you can just drift off to sleep.