May 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tagsantioxidants Aromatherapy Massage Arthritis Ashiatsu Barefoot Blood Circulation blood pressure body coffee deep massage Deep Tissue Massage dementia depression Female Fitness Flat Stomach ginger health heart rates Himalayan salt Hot Stone Massage immune system Jogging Maria’s Professional Massage Massage Massage Benefits Massages massage technique massage therapy Mental Health Mood muscles professional massage reduces pain rejuvenation. relaxation Rheumatology shortened muscles sleep Sleep Quality stress Swedish massage Therapy Therapeutic Massage Trigger Point Massage UIC weight loss
Tag Archives: Jogging
A top runner is never alone, as he or she is constantly surrounded by an entire team who makes sure that everything is going well. And you know who plays one of the most important roles? The professional massage therapist.
Runners say that massages help them to get through muscle tension with ease, but also improves their range of motion and make them feel relaxed after putting a lot of effort into a training session.
Overall, everything sounds great, but is there any scientific evidence supporting the idea that sport massage can improve performances? According to practitioners, these moves relieve muscle soreness, promote circulation, flush toxins and lactic acid from the body, but also ease joint strain. And these claims are actually supported by evidence from several countries. But unfortunately, nothing had been confirmed by science until just recently.
Therapists reveal that sport massage can’t actually push toxins out of the muscles and into the bloodstream. Science also says that there’s no actual physiological way for this to happen. Also, it can’t flush lactic acid from muscles either. Basically, the pain after an intensive training session remains there, no matter how much massage you’re getting.
On the other side, sport massage applies a moving pressure to muscle, as well as other tissues, like ligaments, tendons, and fascia. Simply put, the energy applied to the body softens fascia tissue and helps muscles relax It also removes adhesions between fascia and muscles, which is great, especially for those who are new to running. Since they put a lot of pressure on limber joints and muscles, this surely comes in handy.
But to answer our initial question, if massage can actually help you improve your running, let’s talk about another science-backed fact. A series of studies discovered that massage after exercise – running, in our case – can reduce the intensity of delayed onset muscle soreness. Or, if you prefer, that peg-legged feeling you get a few days after running for a long distance.
Moving on, another research found less inflammation in massaged limbs, while the recovery in muscle function was up to 60 percent faster. Considering all these, we can say that the answer is ‘yes’. All runners, including beginners, can benefit from sport massage. Getting rid of that soreness that comes immediately after starting a new sport makes people likely to stick with it for a long period.
The good part is that you don’t need a specialized person for this, as you can opt for special foam rollers, allowing you to massage yourself with ease. On the other side, if you prefer specialized massage sessions, Maria’s Professional Massage can offer you the services you need.
Combining the knowledge of professional massage training with customs and practices of her Asian heritage, Maria can help you recover from an intense workout. Schedule an appointment today and get rid of that soreness in your muscles instantly!
Image credit: StockSnap
Living a healthier lifestyle doesn’t necessarily have to include dramatic diet changes, strenuous workout routines that leave you dreading the gym, or personal hygiene habits that make you roar at the idea of starting your day.
Creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself can be done with simple things too, and you can start small while still seeing significant, positive changes and results.
Let’s examine 5 Easy Steps To Healthier Living, and things you can start doing today, to be a healthier, happier you tomorrow.
1. Aiming for 10,000 steps a day – There’s no doubt you can start off small, and whether you decide to invest in a step-counter at the local sports store, Amazon, or simply use your mobile device this “simple” exercise routine and goal can be set and done by nearly anyone.
Doing so will dramatically improve your health, motivate you, and give you a clearer mind which is likely to improve your performance both at work, school, and even at home.
2. Improve your sleep and stay active – Believe it or not, just 15 minutes a day of sprinting, and 10 minutes of jogging or fast walking can help you lose or better manage your weight, gain muscle, and even improve sleep and stress feels.
3. Drink more water – Consuming more water on a daily basis will not only keep your muscles in tip-top performance, but also help curb (unnecessary) hunger, promote weight loss, and an overall happier, healthier you. Drinking more water will also give you the nutrients necessary for healthier, supple, and naturally glowing skin.
4. Be positive toward others – This one is relatively simple – do good things for others! That’s right, just volunteering at the local animal shelter or homeless shelter can improve your overall mood, confidence level, and even promote a more structured, consistent schedule for your everyday life – as well as add balance.
5. Napping and improving strength – A lot of people don’t realize it, but just taking a 20-minute nap a day can provide serious rest and recovery for your mind, body, muscles, and bones.
You’re never too young or too old to reap the benefits of a nap – just make sure you turn off all electronic devices and shut the lights off first to ensure a proper rest.
Honestly, there are hundreds if not thousands of ways to improve your everyday health. Getting rid of bad habits like eating too many sweets, consuming stimulants like coffee and cigarettes, and of course, excessive drinking are also great places to start – so what are you waiting for?
Start feeling better TODAY!