TagsAromatherapy Massage Arthritis Ashiatsu Athletes Avocados Barefoot Blood Circulation blood pressure bodub body coffee deep massage Female Fitness fibers Flat Stomach ginger heart rates Himalayan salt Hot Stone Massage Jogging Massage Massage Benefits Massages massage technique massage therapy Metabolic Waste minerals muscles professional massage reduces pain rejuvenation. relaxation Rheumatology shortened muscles sleep Sleep Quality stress Swedish massage Therapy Therapeutic Massage tortilla chips Trigger Point Massage UIC vitamins weight loss wellbeing
Tag Archives: sleep
You’ve probably seen a lot of people walking barefoot on the street and wondered what is the actual reason why they’re doing this. Surprisingly or not, they’re part of a bigger community, all of them doing this for its benefits on their health!
Called “earthing” or “grounding”, walking barefoot has numerous benefits, but they are often overlooked by mainstream society, who actually promotes the importance of wearing shoes all the time.
Dr. Mercola claims that walking with nothing on your feet and touching directly the soil allows your body to absorb a number of negative electrons through the Earth. This plays an important role in stabilizing daily cortisol rhythm, but also creates a balanced internal bioelectrical environment.
Barefoot walking fans also say that this is a simple effort, which has way more benefits than one could actually think. Let’s go through a few of the most important and then decide if there’s actually worth it giving up shoes, at least from time to time.
It reduces pain and inflammation
According to a study, in which participants slept on a conductive mattress pad that reproduced the effects of sleeping directly on the ground for eight weeks, walking with no shoes can get you reduce cortisone levels. This automatically means less pain, stress and sleep troubles, as the participants declared.
It helps you sleep better
A different study revealed that earthing can induce relaxation, by influencing physiologic processes. People who tried this…procedure had a better night’s sleep, when compared with those who don’t walk barefoot at all. This happens because it stabilizes circadian rhythms.
It reduces the risk of heart diseases
Probably one of the most important benefits of walking barefoot on your health is the fact that it can increase the surface charge of red blood cells. This results in a reduction of clumping, therefore decreasing blood thickness. High viscosity has been directly linked to heart diseases, as one of the major issues causing them.
It boosts your energy levels
This is by far the most obvious benefit, but it still had to be mentioned here. It is believed that each time you immerse in the natural work, you somehow pick up on the higher frequencies emitted from nature. This allows you to increase your energy levels and forget about the exposure to modern society, which affects your vitality.
It makes menstrual cramps easier to support
One of the most surprising advantages of walking barefoot is its ability to ease menstrual cramps. Basically, all the pain we feel in our body starts in the mind and manifests as stress. This can have a big impact on menstrual cramps. Try going outdoors and let your bare feet touch the ground for a while, then see what this can do.
It helps loosen tense muscles
Yes, another study! It appears that earthing can prevent muscle soreness from occurring, especially after engaging in physical exercises. Obviously, it can be applied in various situations that cause tense muscles, especially very common ones, like working at a desk all day. Besides loosening tense muscles, it can also help you get rid of migraines, caused by exposure to radiation.
Speaking of tense muscles, another great way of getting rid of this problem is getting a massage. Combining the knowledge of professional massage training with the customs and practices of Asian heritage, Maria is always happy to offer a unique massage experience.
Available for clients in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor Florida and Tampa Bay Area, she is always ready to help you get on the path to obtaining a healthier mind and body.
Image credit: ZaydaC
Living a healthier lifestyle doesn’t necessarily have to include dramatic diet changes, strenuous workout routines that leave you dreading the gym, or personal hygiene habits that make you roar at the idea of starting your day.
Creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself can be done with simple things too, and you can start small while still seeing significant, positive changes and results.
Let’s examine 5 Easy Steps To Healthier Living, and things you can start doing today, to be a healthier, happier you tomorrow.
1. Aiming for 10,000 steps a day – There’s no doubt you can start off small, and whether you decide to invest in a step-counter at the local sports store, Amazon, or simply use your mobile device this “simple” exercise routine and goal can be set and done by nearly anyone.
Doing so will dramatically improve your health, motivate you, and give you a clearer mind which is likely to improve your performance both at work, school, and even at home.
2. Improve your sleep and stay active – Believe it or not, just 15 minutes a day of sprinting, and 10 minutes of jogging or fast walking can help you lose or better manage your weight, gain muscle, and even improve sleep and stress feels.
3. Drink more water – Consuming more water on a daily basis will not only keep your muscles in tip-top performance, but also help curb (unnecessary) hunger, promote weight loss, and an overall happier, healthier you. Drinking more water will also give you the nutrients necessary for healthier, supple, and naturally glowing skin.
4. Be positive toward others – This one is relatively simple – do good things for others! That’s right, just volunteering at the local animal shelter or homeless shelter can improve your overall mood, confidence level, and even promote a more structured, consistent schedule for your everyday life – as well as add balance.
5. Napping and improving strength – A lot of people don’t realize it, but just taking a 20-minute nap a day can provide serious rest and recovery for your mind, body, muscles, and bones.
You’re never too young or too old to reap the benefits of a nap – just make sure you turn off all electronic devices and shut the lights off first to ensure a proper rest.
Honestly, there are hundreds if not thousands of ways to improve your everyday health. Getting rid of bad habits like eating too many sweets, consuming stimulants like coffee and cigarettes, and of course, excessive drinking are also great places to start – so what are you waiting for?
Start feeling better TODAY!